all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* comment-region comment style
@ 2010-04-19  9:25 Gary .
From: Gary . @ 2010-04-19  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When I currently run this function I get commented out lines that look

/* like */
/* this */

Is it possible to configure this to use "C++" style single lnie
comments so they would look

// like
// this

* Re: comment-region comment style
@ 2010-04-19 14:48 ` Bastian Beischer
From: Bastian Beischer @ 2010-04-19 14:48 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Gary .; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

First of all, which major-mode are you using comment-region in? I'm
surprised because here in C/C++ mode the comments of comment-region already
look like //... by default and it has alwas been that way.

You can customize behavior with M-x customize-variable -> comment-style

Hope it helped...

Bastian

--
Bastian Beischer

I. Physikalisches Institut B (RWTH Aachen)
Sommerfeldstr. 14
52074 Aachen
GERMANY

Office: 28-C-203
Phone: +49 241 - 8027205

* Re: comment-region comment style
@ 2010-04-20  9:54   ` Gary .
From: Gary . @ 2010-04-20  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 4/19/10, Bastian Beischer wrote:
> First of all, which major-mode are you using comment-region in? I'm
> surprised because here in C/C++ mode the comments of comment-region already
> look like //... by default and it has alwas been that way.

php-mode.

> You can customize behavior with M-x customize-variable -> comment-style

Had already found that one. It seems to always use /* */ whatever
comment-style I set.

* Re: comment-region comment style
@ 2010-04-20 11:11 ` Bernardo
From: Bernardo @ 2010-04-20 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> When I currently run this function I get commented out lines that look
>
> /* like */
> /* this */
>
> Is it possible to configure this to use "C++" style single lnie
> comments so they would look
>
> // like
> // this

have a look at comment-start (comment-end), comment-multi-line and
comment-style variables; their customisation could be added to the major
mode hook