all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Colours in no-window
@ 2010-02-28 22:52 Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2010-02-28 22:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi all,

I was trying to get a good colour scheme for the my emacs frame
specifically in no-window mode (on linux with XFCE), but I ran into a
strange issue.

The usual white is not available if I set something to "white"
explicitly. On doing `M-x list-colors-display' the issue is confirmed.
Is there any way I could specify the default foreground font face to
"true white"? I have included a screenshot to demonstrate what my
problem is.

Thanks for any help.

PS: FWIW in x-window mode, white is defined as #ffffff
--
Suvayu

[-- Attachment #2: colours-in-no-window.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 55726 bytes --]

* Re: Colours in no-window
@ 2010-02-28 23:19 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2010-02-28 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 28.02.2010 um 23:52 schrieb Suvayu Ali:

>  Is there any way I could specify the default foreground font face
> to "true white"?

I think there is a way to do it in a *customize* buffer, but then you
would lose the option to see high-lighted white text...

--
Greetings

   Pete

Sending unsolicited commercial eMail to this account incurs a fee of €
500 per message and acknowledges the legality of this contract.