On Jul 15, 2011, at 4:04 AM, C K Kashyap wrote: > Hello to all! > How i can indent strings in any mode, c-mode for example like this: > > void Test(void) { > (3space)DWORD abc; > (4space)exit(0); > (4space){ > (4space)(3space)DWORD a; > (4space)(4space)exit(0); > (4space)} > } > > > > You could select the region (using the mouse or M-h) and then press M-C-\ - this should indent the code. I think he is asking about how to set up c mode. Noticed that his variable declarations are indented differently. If you do M-x customize, then pick Programming, Languages, C you will get to a list of customizable options that affect how things are indented, etc. I don't see something specific for variable declarations though. Perhaps someone else will chime in with some suggestions. Good luck Perry