David Kastrup skrev: > Jan Djärv writes: > >> David Kastrup skrev: >> >>> Toolkit native scrollbars are the default with Emacs. They don't annoy >>> a lot of users apparently. Probably also because the geek demographic >>> of Emacs is different from that of XEmacs. >>> >> IMHO, the XEmacs Lucid scroll bars look much better than Emacs native >> scrollbars. I think that may be a factor also. > > I was of the opinion that both used the same code (Lucid), so it would > probably just be a matter of the default settings. > > Personally, I use > > (setq-default scroll-bar-width 15) > I don't think I have any settings that affects this. I attach a screen shot of lucid scroll bars in XEmacs (left) and Emacs (right). The difference is apparent. It could possibly be fixed by some X resource setting, I haven't tried. Anyway, the Emacs native scroll bar isn't based on Lucid, and looks much worse. Jan D.