all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: "Jan Djärv" <jan.h.d@swipnet.se>
To: Steve Revilak <steve@srevilak.net>
Cc: 5308@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#5308: 23.1.91; Geometry quirk on OpenSuSE 11.2
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:35:55 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi.

I think there might be a bug in the window manager lurking in the background.
It resizes Emacs a lot if Emacs is too big for the display.
But if we set size hints at startup, this problem goes away.

We used to do that, but the discussion starting at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-10/msg00033.html
introduced a patch to not set wm hints at startup.

So it is basiacally the old startup problem again, but in a different form.
I don't know if there is much we can do about this.  I'll keep looking, but as
this isn't something that makes Emacs unusable, it is a low priority.

	Jan D.