Hi, ./configure --without-makeinfo && make On an armv5tel system with either Debian or Gentoo GNU/Linux, >=emacs-23 fails to build. I've tried with bzr trunk too. For some reason, it doesn't fail if some dependencies are available on the system(i believe they are X-related). But AFAIK emacs doesn't need those if we aren't building X support. Besides on ARM OABI it compiles fine. The patch available at http://gnutoo.homelinux.org/open_embedded/recipes/emacs/files/nostdlib-unwind.patch fixes this problem. Please note that i didn't do the patch. Will attach it along with the build.log.