all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* JDEE "2.3.5.1" compatibility with latest ecb/cedet
@ 2009-07-28  8:49 Livin Stephen Sharma
       [not found] ` <3A08EB71-A45B-40FE-980B-81E9EFCE4184@Web.DE>
From: Livin Stephen Sharma @ 2009-07-28  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-help gnu

  I'd like to know if this is a known issue of compatibility?

  I'm having problems getting JDEE "2.3.5.1" to work with ecb-2.4 and
cedet-1.0pre6

OS: Mac OS X 10.4.11
Arch: PPC
Emacs: GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, NS apple-
appkit-824.48) of 2009-05-13 on mac

Without jde, both ecb and cedet seem to work fine. I only hit an
issue when I try to load jde.

The specific error I see when jde begins to load is [ignore the
'<XXX>' tags]:
<begin>
apply: Wrong number of arguments: #[(form val type) "Å\b!ƒ2
<end>
this is only the first 20% of the message; the rest of it is
'skipped' while pasting from clipboard. So, I saved my trimmed
*Messages* buffer to a text-file and tried copying from a 'simple'
text editor.
Here is the result ['MacRoman' encoding]:

<begin>
apply: Wrong number of arguments: #[(form val type) "√Ö\b!
ƒ2Æ	Ç\b!\"\x1aÈ
	\"É>„\x1cÊ	!ƒ
‚0ËÌ!^[Í\v	DCÎ\v
#E))‡ ‡" [type val res temp form cl-const-expr-p cl-make-type-
test cl-const-expr-val cl-expr-contains (nil 1) ...] 6], 2
<end>

Asking here since I can't get a response from the jdee-users group.

  Livin Stephen
-- livin.stephen@gmail.com

* Re: JDEE "2.3.5.1" compatibility with latest ecb/cedet
       [not found] ` <3A08EB71-A45B-40FE-980B-81E9EFCE4184@Web.DE>
@ 2009-07-28 12:10   ` Livin Stephen Sharma
From: Livin Stephen Sharma @ 2009-07-28 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Dyballa; +Cc: emacs-help gnu

Thanks.
Is there a way to capture the region so that I can accurately post
the error-message to the emacs/jdee user group?

  Livin Stephen
-- livin.stephen@gmail.com

@ 2009-07-28 16:00     ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-07-28 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Livin Stephen Sharma; +Cc: emacs-help gnu

Am 28.07.2009 um 14:10 schrieb Livin Stephen Sharma:

> Is there a way to capture the region so that I can accurately post
> the error-message to the emacs/jdee user group?

Save the buffer to a file, somehow, and attach it to your eMail, or
copy and paste only those region without octal representation and
type the octal representations between as text à la \ 1 2 3…

--
Greetings

   Pete

The human animal differs from the lesser primates in his passion for
lists of "Ten Best."
				– H. Allen Smith