all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* sh-script.el : don't colorize $(( 4 << 2 )) as here-document
@ 2009-11-20  9:40 Thomas Gambier
From: Thomas Gambier @ 2009-11-20  9:40 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

when I'm writing something like this in bash script value=$(( 4 << 2 )),
Emacs keep thinking it's the beginning of here-document and will
colorize in yellow all the code below this expression.

I've seen that a bug in sh-script.el was corrected so that << between ""
won't be interpreted as a beginning of here-document
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2003-06/msg00158.html).
Is there any solution to don't consider also << between $(( )) ? I
looked into sh-script.el to try to correct it myself but I'm not very at
ease with lisp and regular expression and I didn't find what to change.
That's why I ask help here. If it's not possible, I will disable the
feature as explained in the previous link.

Best regards.

--
Thomas Gambier.

[parent not found: <mailman.11231.1258815847.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* sh-script.el : don't colorize $(( 4 << 2 )) as here-document
@ 2009-11-19 17:18 Thomas Gambier