all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* problem with the cvs repository?
@ 2009-10-21  2:38 tyler
From: tyler @ 2009-10-21  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I'm trying to download the emacs sources from the cvs archive, but I
keep running into

can't create temporary directory /tmp/cvs-serv23425
Read-only file system

This is on two different computers, one of which I have successfully
used to access the cvs repository before. Is anyone else seeing this?

I'm using the cvs command from the wiki:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sv.gnu.org:/sources/emacs co emacs

Thanks,

Tyler

--
The contents of this email have been carefully examined by skilled
bits have been used in its construction.

* Re: problem with the cvs repository?
@ 2009-10-21  7:38 ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2009-10-21  7:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tyler; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

tyler wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

> I'm trying to download the emacs sources from the cvs archive, but I
> keep running into
>
> can't create temporary directory /tmp/cvs-serv23425
> Read-only file system
>
> This is on two different computers, one of which I have successfully
> used to access the cvs repository before. Is anyone else seeing this?

There are already some bug reports at savannah about, see
<https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107070> or
<https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107071>

> Thanks,
>
> Tyler

Best regards, Michael.

* Re: problem with the cvs repository?
@ 2009-10-21  7:57 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2009-10-21  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tyler; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 21.10.2009 um 04:38 schrieb tyler:

> I'm trying to download the emacs sources from the cvs archive, but I
> keep running into

cvs.savannah.gnu.org has problems...

--
Greetings