all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* gdb in Emacs 23
@ 2009-07-23  4:17 mwnn
From: mwnn @ 2009-07-23  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,
    I am using Emacs 23 (from CVS). In a GDB session we normally type
one of the GDB commands (e.g. n, s, ...) and then just type the return
key so that the previous command is executed. But in Emacs 23 the return
key does not do that. The user has to explicitly type the GDB command
all the times. Is there a work around for this issue.

Regards.
chandan

* gdb in Emacs 23
@ 2009-07-24  4:15 ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2009-07-24  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mwnn; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

mwnn writes:
 > Hi,
 >     I am using Emacs 23 (from CVS). In a GDB session we normally type
 > one of the GDB commands (e.g. n, s, ...) and then just type the return
 > key so that the previous command is executed. But in Emacs 23 the return
 > key does not do that. The user has to explicitly type the GDB command
 > all the times. Is there a work around for this issue.

Not currently as this mode (in trunk) is in a developmental stage.  If you are
interested in improving it, please send your patches to emacs-devel@gnu.org.
If you just want to debug your own programs, I would suggest using the version
on the release branch (cvs up -r EMACS_23_1_RC) for the moment.

* Re: gdb in Emacs 23
       [not found] <mailman.3033.1248362731.2239.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2009-07-24  9:14 ` Dmitry Dzhus
From: Dmitry Dzhus @ 2009-07-24  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

mwnn wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am using Emacs 23 (from CVS). In a GDB session we normally type
> one of the GDB commands (e.g. n, s, ...) and then just type the return
> key so that the previous command is executed. But in Emacs 23 the
> return key does not do that. The user has to explicitly type the GDB
> command all the times. Is there a work around for this issue.

This code is under active development. Your particular issue has already
been reported.

http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3845
--
Happy Hacking.