all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* auto complete of latex command in emacs
@ 2009-06-19  9:38 waterloo
From: waterloo @ 2009-06-19  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I use emacs 23 with auctex.

I find TeX-complete-symbol can only know some finite command .
How to make emacs know command of other package such as \usepackage{mathabx}
?

Thanks

* auto complete of latex command in emacs
@ 2009-06-25 11:13 ` waterloo
From: waterloo @ 2009-06-25 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I use emacs 23 with auctex.

I find TeX-complete-symbol can only know some finite command .
How to make emacs know command of other package such as \usepackage{mathabx}
?

Thanks

* Re: auto complete of latex command in emacs
@ 2009-06-26  6:08   ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2009-06-26  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: waterloo; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

waterloo wrote:
> I use emacs 23 with auctex.
>
> I find TeX-complete-symbol can only know some finite command .
> How to make emacs know command of other package such as
> \usepackage{mathabx} ?
>
> Thanks

Maybe have a look at Phillp Lord's pabbrev.el published at
gnu-emacs-sources@gnu.org.

Toby Cubitt wrote an elaborated auto-completion-mode
http://www.dr-qubit.org/emacs.php

Also exists

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/auto-complete.el

excellent too seems