all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to set the font to standard 16 dot medium
@ 2009-05-14 10:49 Anand Dhanakshirur
From: Anand Dhanakshirur @ 2009-05-14 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs help

I am using standard 16 dot medium.
right now i am selecting it from Font menu(by clicking  left button of
mouse when shift key is pressed in scratch buffer).
I don't want to do it every time, i start emacs.
What to add in .emacs file.?

[-- Attachment #2: asd.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn:Anand Dhanakshirur
n:Dhanakshirur;Anand
email;internet:asd@cdotb.ernet.in
tel;work:(080)-25119295
tel;cell:9886178750
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Re: How to set the font to standard 16 dot medium
@ 2009-05-14 11:37 ` B Smith-Mannschott
From: B Smith-Mannschott @ 2009-05-14 11:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: asd; +Cc: emacs help

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:49, Anand Dhanakshirur <asd@cdotb.ernet.in> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using standard 16 dot medium.
> right now i am selecting it from Font menu(by clicking  left button of mouse
> when shift key is pressed in scratch buffer).
> I don't want to do it every time, i start emacs.
> What to add in .emacs file.?

If you're running under X11 (some random unix, linux, bsd, ...) you
can set this in your Xresources. I used to do this in my .emacs, but
the Xresources solution works better for me. When I set it in .emacs,
has already sized its first window before it finds out what font to
use and this interacts poorly with some window managers.

More detail in the first answer to this question:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/623748/how-do-i-get-my-emacs-to-always-use-6x13-on-x11

// ben