all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* RefTeX cite problem
@ 2009-04-21 12:19 Mathias Lindner
From: Mathias Lindner @ 2009-04-21 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi

I use Emacs with AucTeX and RefTeX and I have a little problem to
include a \cite macro.
By pressing "C-c [" I enter the regexp and a list of all matching bib
entries is shown. If I select one with RET nothing happens and the
minibuffer shows: "reftex-citation: Symbol's value as variable is void:
reftex-cite-prompt-optional-args".
Yesterday everything worked fine.
Any ideas where to look and what to do?

Thanks a lot!
Mathias

* Re: RefTeX cite problem
@ 2009-04-22 20:48 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2009-04-22 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Mathias Lindner (2009-04-21) writes:

> I use Emacs with AucTeX and RefTeX and I have a little problem to
> include a \cite macro.
> By pressing "C-c [" I enter the regexp and a list of all matching bib
> entries is shown. If I select one with RET nothing happens and the
> minibuffer shows: "reftex-citation: Symbol's value as variable is void:
> reftex-cite-prompt-optional-args".
> Yesterday everything worked fine.
> Any ideas where to look and what to do?

Which versions of Emacs and RefTeX are you using?  How do you load or
activate RefTeX?

--
Ralf

* Re: RefTeX cite problem
@ 2009-04-23  9:30   ` Mathias Lindner
From: Mathias Lindner @ 2009-04-23  9:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Ralf Angeli schrieb:
> * Mathias Lindner (2009-04-21) writes:
>
>> I use Emacs with AucTeX and RefTeX and I have a little problem to
>> include a \cite macro.
>> By pressing "C-c [" I enter the regexp and a list of all matching bib
>> entries is shown. If I select one with RET nothing happens and the
>> minibuffer shows: "reftex-citation: Symbol's value as variable is void:
>> reftex-cite-prompt-optional-args".
>> Yesterday everything worked fine.
>> Any ideas where to look and what to do?
>
> Which versions of Emacs and RefTeX are you using?  How do you load or
> activate RefTeX?

Digging into it I found the problem. I have installed the autoref
support from this site:
http://www-i6.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~dreuw/reftex-hyperref-autoref.php
This requires to copy a reftex.el into Emacs' directory. And that's an
old version.
Now I can decide if I want to use autoref support or cite support.

For testing I've removed the the old reftex.el and now \cite is working
again. So I have located the problem.

Now to the new issue: How can I activate both: autoref and cite support?

Cheers,
Mathias

* Re: RefTeX cite problem
@ 2009-04-23 17:35     ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2009-04-23 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Mathias Lindner (2009-04-23) writes:

> Digging into it I found the problem. I have installed the autoref
> support from this site:
> http://www-i6.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/~dreuw/reftex-hyperref-autoref.php
> This requires to copy a reftex.el into Emacs' directory. And that's an
> old version.
> Now I can decide if I want to use autoref support or cite support.
>
> For testing I've removed the the old reftex.el and now \cite is working
> again. So I have located the problem.
>
> Now to the new issue: How can I activate both: autoref and cite support?

I've implemented support for \autoref and \autopageref last year in the
development version of RefTeX.  You would have to use the Hyperref
reference style.

So if you are not afraid of CVS you could give it a try.  The standalone
version of RefTeX is hosted in the CVS repository of AUCTeX.  See the
development section of the RefTeX homepage at
<URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/reftex.html> for links to the
AUCTeX project page.

--
Ralf