all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Emacs and Python
@ 2004-02-28  1:59 Aut-Aut
From: Aut-Aut @ 2004-02-28  1:59 UTC (permalink / raw

I use Emacs as my favourite python editor. Sometimes when i'm testing the
code (i run a python shell with C-c C-c) and an exception is thrown, if
this exception prevents the program from cleaning itself up emacs locks
up. E.g. this happens a lot when using wxPython, because when I mess with
the code and get an exception in the middle of the script, the script
stops (because the exception is unhandled) so the widgets i created are
not destroyed (they would be destroyed in the end of course) and the
python interpreter doesn't close, locking up emacs. If i run the script on
a shell, CTRL+C would do the trick... how can i prevent emacs from locking
up when unhandled exceptions are thrown?

* Re: Emacs and Python
@ 2004-02-29 17:07 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 2004-02-29 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw

Aut-Aut <no@mail.none> writes:

> I use Emacs as my favourite python editor. Sometimes when i'm testing the
> code (i run a python shell with C-c C-c) and an exception is thrown, if
> this exception prevents the program from cleaning itself up emacs locks
> up.

Does C-g wake Emacs up?

Kai

* Emacs and Python
@ 2009-03-12  8:11 Byung-Hee HWANG
From: Byung-Hee HWANG @ 2009-03-12  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Personally i prefer Python to other languages as like Perl and
Ruby. Because Python's strict grammar with indenting, it gives me a
reliable codes without copy/paste. So question. Is there somebody to
like Python at here? And what is the best practice to start Python in
Emacs?

* Re: Emacs and Python
@ 2009-03-12  8:52 ` Sebastien LE MAGUER
From: Sebastien LE MAGUER @ 2009-03-12  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I use python with Emacs and actually I use the python-mode combined with
semantic (CEDET package).

The python-mode gives you an interface with the interpreter and the
debugger in addition of the classic feature (coloration, ...)

You can find more information here :
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonMode

Sébastien Le Maguer

Byung-Hee HWANG a écrit :
> Personally i prefer Python to other languages as like Perl and
> Ruby. Because Python's strict grammar with indenting, it gives me a
> reliable codes without copy/paste. So question. Is there somebody to
> like Python at here? And what is the best practice to start Python in
> Emacs?

[-- Attachment #2: Sebastien_Le_maguer.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn;quoted-printable:S=C3=A9bastien Le Maguer
n;quoted-printable:Le Maguer;S=C3=A9bastien
org:;Equipe CORDIAL
adr:ENSSAT - 6 rue de Kerampont, BP 80518 ;;Bureau 203-I;Lannion Cedex;;22305 ;France
email;internet:Sebastien.Le_Maguer@irisa.fr
title:Doctorant
tel;work:02 96 46 91 29
url:http://www.irisa.fr/cordial/Members/slemague/
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Re: Emacs and Python
@ 2009-03-13  8:08   ` Byung-Hee HWANG
From: Byung-Hee HWANG @ 2009-03-13  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Sebastien LE MAGUER; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Sebastien LE MAGUER <Sebastien.Le_maguer@irisa.fr> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I use python with Emacs and actually I use the python-mode combined
> with semantic (CEDET package).
>
> The python-mode gives you an interface with the interpreter and the
> debugger in addition of the classic feature (coloration, ...)
>
> You can find more information here :
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/PythonMode
>
> Sébastien Le Maguer

Good information! Fantastic!

--
Byung-Hee HWANG <bh@izb.knu.ac.kr>
∑INTERNET: <URL:http://izb.knu.ac.kr/~bh/>

* Re: Emacs and Python
@ 2009-03-13  9:46     ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2009-03-13  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Byung-Hee HWANG; +Cc: Sebastien LE MAGUER, help-gnu-emacs

@ 2009-03-13 11:44   ` Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2009-03-13 11:44 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Sebastien LE MAGUER wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use python with Emacs and actually I use the python-mode combined with
> semantic (CEDET package).

What does semantic provide for you?  How do you use them?

* Re: Emacs and Python
@ 2009-03-13 15:26     ` Sebastien LE MAGUER
From: Sebastien LE MAGUER @ 2009-03-13 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Neal Becker, help-gnu-emacs