Jason Rumney wrote: > One possible variable here is the way that buffer space is allocated. > On Windows, it seems REL_ALLOC is defined. I presume GNU/Linux defines > USE_MMAP_FOR_BUFFERS which would cause it to take a different code > path around the point where we see a crash on Windows, and as Magnus > Henoch saw on NetBSD/powerpc also (though we don't have a stack trace > for that crash, so can't tell for sure it is crashing in the same place). The following patch seems to fix the problem, does it look correct to others who might understand ralloc.c and buffer_swap_text better than I do?