all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* text display problem - maybe encoding?
@ 2008-08-20 23:55 otter
From: otter @ 2008-08-20 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When I start Emacs.app (the one included in the regular 22.2.1
distribution) I see that most of the characters on the regular
"welcome" buffer are squares. Could this have something to do with
encoding? This used to work just fine; I've been ignoring it for a few
weeks but I just can't stand it anymore.

Thanks.

* Re: text display problem - maybe encoding?
@ 2008-08-22 19:18 ` Wu Kejia
From: Wu Kejia @ 2008-08-22 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: otter; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Hi otter,

That may be thing related to fonts. You may edit your .emacs file as
appending a line like this:
(set-default-font "-Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-Normal--15-
140-75-75-C-90-ISO8859-1")
That is my font, and you may use the follows to find out your available
fonts for emacs:
M-x set-default-font [TAB]
[TAB] means the tab key.

Good luck.