all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* saving all buffers at a time
@ 2008-08-15 14:26 Rodrigo Canellas
From: Rodrigo Canellas @ 2008-08-15 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I could not find a command to save all the buffers at once... could
anyone tell me how to do it?

Thanks a lot!

believed to be clean.

* Re: saving all buffers at a time
@ 2008-08-15 14:32 ` Thierry Volpiatto
       [not found]   ` <mailman.16809.1218812016.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Thierry Volpiatto @ 2008-08-15 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rodrigo Canellas; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Rodrigo Canellas <rodrigo.canellas@tqtvd.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I could not find a command to save all the buffers at once... could
> anyone tell me how to do it?
>

> Thanks a lot!
M-x save-some-buffers (C-x s)
--
A + Thierry Volpiatto
Location: Saint-Cyr-Sur-Mer - France

* Re: saving all buffers at a time
@ 2008-08-15 14:40   ` David Hansen
       [not found]   ` <mailman.16809.1218812016.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: David Hansen @ 2008-08-15 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:32:48 +0200 Thierry Volpiatto wrote:

> Rodrigo Canellas <rodrigo.canellas@tqtvd.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I could not find a command to save all the buffers at once... could
>> anyone tell me how to do it?
>>

>> Thanks a lot!
> M-x save-some-buffers (C-x s)

Or C-u C-x s to save lots of `y-or-n-p' queries.

* Re: saving all buffers at a time
       [not found] <mailman.16805.1218810408.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-08-15 19:06 ` Xah
From: Xah @ 2008-08-15 19:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> Hi,
> On Aug 15, 7:26 am, Rodrigo Canellas <rodrigo.canel...@tqtvd.com> wrote:

> I could not find a command to save all the buffers at once... could
> anyone tell me how to do it?

One easy way to save all unsaved buffers is this:

type Alt+x ibuffer, then type “* u” to mark all unsaved buffer, then
type “S” to save them all. Type “D” to close them all if you want.

I have wrote a little tutorial on ibuffer here if you are curious:
http://xahlee.org/emacs/effective_emacs.html

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

@ 2008-08-16 10:05     ` Colin S. Miller
From: Colin S. Miller @ 2008-08-16 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

David Hansen wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:32:48 +0200 Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
>
>> Rodrigo Canellas <rodrigo.canellas@tqtvd.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I could not find a command to save all the buffers at once... could
>>> anyone tell me how to do it?
>>>

>>> Thanks a lot!
>> M-x save-some-buffers (C-x s)
>
> Or C-u C-x s to save lots of `y-or-n-p' queries.

Or press ! at the prompt to save all remaining files.
(At least on xemacs)

Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the hostname to reply.