all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* How to mark and search text in less keystrokes ?
@ 2008-10-02 13:12 Christiano Farina Haesbaert
From: Christiano Farina Haesbaert @ 2008-10-02 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I saw my boss doing the following in vi the other day and it seemed
quite useful, suppose:

You are editing a buffer, and your pointer is at the word
myfunc(a,b),

How can I search for the occurences of the word myfunc at the same
buffer AND mark my position where I was, so I can iterate through the
results and get back to my original spot at any time.

For now I'm using C^s and "typing" the word ( I know it's lame ), and
when I want to get back I loop thought until I'm back at the original
spot.

Please if I didn't make myself clear I can try to explain better.

Another thing, is it possible to iterate through all function calls of
myfunc in a directory ?
Currently I gave a grep, that tries to match the patter of myfunc
call, but is kinda clumsy.

obs: As you can see I'm not an Emacs wizard, it's just my second
month.