all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Problems browsing Emacs on CVS repository
@ 2008-09-27  9:50 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2008-09-27  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: savannah-hackers; +Cc: emacs-devel

They are a few days that trying to browse Emacs on CVS repo fails,
mainly with 'src' and 'lisp' directories with which there is:

----
Internal Server Error
unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator,...
----

This happens on Windows, both with FireFox and IE, and on GNU/Linux
Kubuntu 8.04.1 with konqueror.

I usually search 'emacs' with Google and then I follow the CVS
repository links on the Emacs home page (found by Google).

Cheers,
    Angelo.

* Re: [Savannah-help-public] Problems browsing Emacs on CVS repository
@ 2008-09-27 15:23 ` Sylvain Beucler
From: Sylvain Beucler @ 2008-09-27 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Angelo Graziosi; +Cc: savannah-hackers, emacs-devel

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 11:50:55AM +0200, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> They are a few days that trying to browse Emacs on CVS repo fails,
> mainly with 'src' and 'lisp' directories with which there is:
>
> ----
> Internal Server Error
> unable to complete your request.
> Please contact the server administrator,...
> ----
>
> This happens on Windows, both with FireFox and IE, and on GNU/Linux
> Kubuntu 8.04.1 with konqueror.
>
> I usually search 'emacs' with Google and then I follow the CVS
> repository links on the Emacs home page (found by Google).

Hi,

Do you remember since when exactly?

We added a CPU limit around 48-50h ago. The limit is 60s of CPU time
per CGI (i.e. per ViewVC webpage), which is quite a lot already and
should only kill buggy processes that went out of control.

I could reproduce the problem, but just restarting Apache made it
disappear, so possibly this comes from something else.

For reference the error log only showed:
[Sat Sep 27 14:56:30 2008] [error] [client 117.196.135.135] Premature end of script headers: viewvc.cgi

--
Sylvain

* Re: [Savannah-help-public] Problems browsing Emacs on CVS repository
@ 2008-09-27 17:03   ` Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2008-09-27 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: savannah-hackers; +Cc: emacs-devel

Sylvain Beucler ha scritto:

> Hi,
>
> Do you remember since when exactly?
>

> We added a CPU limit around 48-50h ago.

I don't remember exactly, but '48-50h ago' seems reasonable.

Now browsing Emacs on CVS seems to work fine.

Many thanks,
       Angelo.