all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Angelo Graziosi <angelo.graziosi@alice.it>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Cc: cyd@stupidchicken.com, lennart.borgman@gmail.com,
	monnier@IRO.UMontreal.CA, handa@m17n.org
Subject: Re: Regression in Emacs trunk on GNU/Linux
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 11:07:56 +0200	[thread overview]

The problem I flagged is still in the current trunk.

It is reproducible (with : emacs -Q) on:

GNU/Linux Kubuntu 8.0.4.1
Cygwin
Win32

with a text file greater, in size, than 1 MB. (Bigger is the file, more
evident is the problem.)

Emacs is built with these libs:

Does Emacs use -lXpm? yes
Does Emacs use -ljpeg? yes
Does Emacs use -ltiff? yes
Does Emacs use a gif library? yes -lungif
Does Emacs use -lpng? yes
Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2? no
Does Emacs use -lgpm? no
Does Emacs use -ldbus? no
Does Emacs use -lfreetype? yes
Does Emacs use -lm17n-flt? no
Does Emacs use -lotf? no
Does Emacs use -lxft? yes
Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars? yes

I see also this thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-09/msg00315.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-09/msg00360.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-09/msg00364.html
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-09/msg00368.html

which seems related to the problem I am flagging and still is NOT FIXED.

Cheers,
    Angelo.