all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#740: Text buttons does not do the action with mouse-1
@ 2008-08-25 22:07 Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-08-25 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 740, Chong Yidong

Actually I think the fix for this is as simple as just adding

(put 'default-button 'follow-link t)

to the default properties for a button in button.el (somewhere around
line 85).

* bug#740: Text buttons does not do the action with mouse-1
@ 2008-08-25 22:30 ` Chong Yidong
From: Chong Yidong @ 2008-08-25 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: 740

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> Actually I think the fix for this is as simple as just adding
>
> (put 'default-button 'follow-link t)
>
> to the default properties for a button in button.el (somewhere around
> line 85).

I know.  But I don't want to make this change now.  We might make it
after the release, but this will require discussion.

* bug#740: Text buttons does not do the action with mouse-1
@ 2008-08-25 22:32   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-08-25 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: 740

Chong Yidong wrote:
> "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Actually I think the fix for this is as simple as just adding
>>
>> (put 'default-button 'follow-link t)
>>
>> to the default properties for a button in button.el (somewhere around
>> line 85).
>
> I know.  But I don't want to make this change now.  We might make it
> after the release, but this will require discussion.

Ok, thanks. But is there no better tag than wontfix then?

* bug#740: Text buttons does not do the action with mouse-1
@ 2011-09-11 17:21   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-09-11 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: 740

> "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Actually I think the fix for this is as simple as just adding
>>
>> (put 'default-button 'follow-link t)
>>
>> to the default properties for a button in button.el (somewhere around
>> line 85).
>
> I know.  But I don't want to make this change now.  We might make it
> after the release, but this will require discussion.

I seem to remember this being discussed sort of recently, and it was
decided to do nothing about it?  Do I misremember?

* bug#740: Text buttons does not do the action with mouse-1
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2011-09-25 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chong Yidong; +Cc: 740

>>> Actually I think the fix for this is as simple as just adding
>>>
>>> (put 'default-button 'follow-link t)
>>>
>>> to the default properties for a button in button.el (somewhere around
>>> line 85).
>>
>> I know.  But I don't want to make this change now.  We might make it
>> after the release, but this will require discussion.
>
> I seem to remember this being discussed sort of recently, and it was
> decided to do nothing about it?  Do I misremember?

I'm pretty sure this was resolved in a different bug report, so I'm
closing this one.