Is there anything preventing color-theme.el from being included in Emacs? That way themes could be provided to better account for particular user tastes. --Stephen programmer, n: A red eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate monsters. On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Dan Nicolaescu wrote: > Juri Linkov writes: > > > > > > Given that you are changing faces, how about changing the dark > > > > > background, 8 color font-lock-comment-face to "yellow", then we > can > > > > > obsolete `font-lock-comment-delimiter-face'. > > > > > > > > Why yellow? > > > > > > It has good contrast with the black background and it is only used by > > > font-lock-variable-face on an 8 color dark background terminal. > > > > Then yellow would be good for font-lock-comment-face, but I think > > font-lock-comment-delimiter should stay in red. > > Why? font-lock-comment-delimiter is a hack. > And an unnecessary complication. > It was only introduced because the red foreground used on an 8 color > dark background terminal was not readable. > font-lock-comment-delimiter it is currently only used for 8 color dark > background terminals. > > The problem is that this is confusing for users: we got many bug reports > about syntax coloring not working because the users saw the body of the > comments not being syntax highlighted. Distributions (Debian, Ubuntu > and probably others too) patched this out by using red for > font-lock-comment-face, effectively defeating the purpose of why > font-lock-comment-delimiter was introduced. > > So I am proposing to simplify this whole thing by removing the reason > for font-lock-comment-delimiter to exist: use a readable yellow > foreground on 8 color dark background terminals. > > >