all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* What about Java on Emacs in commercial project?
@ 2008-06-10 15:55 Haolin
From: Haolin @ 2008-06-10 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, all
I know emacs is a very very good editor, I use it for more than 1 year.
 From now on, I need to migrate from C to Java, for JavaEE development.
My friends tell me to use eclipse, but I think maybe emacs can do
everything I want. So I want to know:
Should Emacs be used for production environment? in real commercial
project with Ejb, Web Service and Jsps? I know I can use Ant or Maven
instead of eclipse wtp, but should Emacs supply
Grammar Tips and other important features? for example, I add a jar
package to my classpath of project, should the classes and methods be
read from emacs?
I tried JDEE, but it looks like a toy and not , maybe it's a good tool,
but not fit for conmmercial project.

Thanks!

Haolin

* Re: What about Java on Emacs in commercial project?
       [not found] <mailman.13044.1213154517.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-06-13 15:33 ` Ken Goldman
From: Ken Goldman @ 2008-06-13 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

My personal opinion is that Eclipse, Visual C++, and other IDEs, are
better at project management and debugging, but emacs is a better source
code editor.

Generally, I use the IDE to set up the project, insert boilerplate,
compile, and debug.  I use emacs for writing the code.

Both emacs and most IDEs can automatically detect that a file has
changed on disk and reload it, so I don't have to worry about keeping
them synchronized.