Hi Stefan, hi Vasilij, thanks for your response regarding PSPP mode for emacs in GNU Elpa. I think we can simply copy pspp-mode.el to elpa.git and do the necessary modifications there. The keyword list comes from the SPSS command syntax which is also described here: https://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/manual/html_node/Command-Index.html#Command-Index SPSS is a commercial statistics software from IBM and PSPP is a GNU free software replacement for SPSS. Regards Friedrich > Anfang der weitergeleiteten Nachricht: > > Von: Stefan Monnier > Betreff: Aw: [ELPA] New package: pspp-mode.el for PSPP/SPSS syntax highlighting > Datum: 30. Juni 2020 um 16:16:21 MESZ > An: Friedrich Beckmann > > Sorry for not answering earlier, your mail sneaked through my net. > > IIUC the package's copyright is already assigned to the FSF, so we can > add it to GNU ELPA, indeed. > > Would you be interested in moving it to live in elpa.git instead of > pspp.git (that would make things a bit easier, avoiding the need to > merge pspp-mode.el changes from pspp.git to elpa.git every once in > a while). > > Also, do you happen to know where the long list of identifiers in > `pspp-font-lock-keywords` come from? It would be good to add a comment > describing how they were generated and from which dataset, so as to know > how/when to update them. > > > Stefan > > > Friedrich Beckmann [2020-06-20 21:53:25] wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I contribute to the GNU PSPP software and maintain the pspp debian >> package. The package contains a pspp-mode.el file which provides >> the pspp-mode for syntax highlighting spss syntax files. Currently >> the file is installed via dh-elpa in the debian package but I think >> it should be in the normal gnu elpa distribution. >> >> The file is available here: >> >> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/pspp.git/tree/pspp-mode.el >> >> Can you integrate that in gnu elpa? >> >> Regards >> >> Friedrich >