all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Documentation for doctex mode
@ 2008-04-30 15:21 Christophe Jorssen
From: Christophe Jorssen @ 2008-04-30 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

I'd like to know if there is a documentation of the doctex-mode.

Btw, is there a better mode to use in order to prepare .dtx files (the
LaTeX litterate programming format).

Thanks in advance

--
Christophe

* Re: Documentation for doctex mode
@ 2008-04-30 18:22 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2008-04-30 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Christophe Jorssen (2008-04-30) writes:

> I'd like to know if there is a documentation of the doctex-mode.

There are two DocTeX modes, one in Emacs and one in AUCTeX.  Both are
derived from the respective LaTeX modes, so you can refer to the
documentation of these modes.  (info "(emacs)TeX Mode") or
(info "(auctex)Top") respectively.

> Btw, is there a better mode to use in order to prepare .dtx files (the
> LaTeX litterate programming format).

I am not aware of any other mode besides the two mentioned above.  If
you think something is missing, send suggestions to the respective
mailing list.

--
Ralf

* Re: Documentation for doctex mode
@ 2008-04-30 21:51   ` Christophe Jorssen
From: Christophe Jorssen @ 2008-04-30 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Le Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:22:33 +0200, Ralf Angeli a écrit:

> * Christophe Jorssen (2008-04-30) writes:
>
>> I'd like to know if there is a documentation of the doctex-mode.
>
> There are two DocTeX modes, one in Emacs and one in AUCTeX.  Both are
> derived from the respective LaTeX modes, so you can refer to the
> documentation of these modes.  (info "(emacs)TeX Mode") or (info
> "(auctex)Top") respectively.

Thank you Ralf.

I did not know there were two DocTeX modes. The only one I knew was the
AucTeX one. I've already done and I did again a search on "DocTeX" in the
AucTeX manual (html version http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/
auctex.html) and the results can not help me. I mean I don't know how to
use it because I don't know what can be done with this mode and how? For
instance, I'd like to know if there is a command to insert before and
after a region the macrocode environment

%    \begin{macrocode}
<Code region>
%    \end{macroce}

Sorry, these questions might be silly but I'm a beginner with emacs.

Thanks again
--

@ 2008-05-01  6:08     ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2008-05-01  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Christophe Jorssen (2008-04-30) writes:

> Le Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:22:33 +0200, Ralf Angeli a écrit:
>
>> There are two DocTeX modes, one in Emacs and one in AUCTeX.  Both are
>> derived from the respective LaTeX modes, so you can refer to the
>> documentation of these modes.  (info "(emacs)TeX Mode") or (info
>> "(auctex)Top") respectively.
>
> I did not know there were two DocTeX modes. The only one I knew was the
> AucTeX one. I've already done and I did again a search on "DocTeX" in the
> AucTeX manual (html version http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/manual/
> auctex.html) and the results can not help me. I mean I don't know how to
> use it because I don't know what can be done with this mode and how?

As written before, the mode is derived from LaTeX mode.  That means you
can use the same commands as in LaTeX mode.  That also means that the
respective parts in the manual apply.

> For
> instance, I'd like to know if there is a command to insert before and
> after a region the macrocode environment
>
> %    \begin{macrocode}
> <Code region>
> %    \end{macroce}

Assuming you have parsing activated as described on the first page of
AUCTeX's manual and you use ltxdoc.cls or doc.sty in your document, you
can insert the environment exactly like any other environment (in LaTeX
mode) by typing `C-c C-e macrocode <RET>'. (See
(info "(auctex)Environments").)  Tab-completion is available in the
minibuffer if you do not want to spell out all of "macrocode".

--
Ralf