Richard Stallman schrieb: > I guess > the dangers generally outweigh the advantages but there's not much point in > marking them obsolete if they're never going to be removed. > > I think that is incorrect. It is useful to urge people to make their > code use more modern interfaces regardless of whether we ever delete > the old ones. > > # cd emacs/lisp/ext/bbdbb-2.35 # ./configure --enable-gnus # make In toplevel form: bbdb-whois.el:25:1:Warning: !! The file uses old-style backquotes !! This functionality has been obsolete for more than 10 years already and will be removed soon. See (elisp)Backquote in the manual. :-)