all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* w32-print.el and w32-integ.el
@ 2008-04-08  2:41 B. T. Raven
       [not found] ` <mailman.10136.1207644523.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: B. T. Raven @ 2008-04-08  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I have dial-up and don't want to download the whole EmacsW32 package.
Are recent stand-alone versions of these elisp files available anywhere?
Google can't find them if they are. It looks like my htmlize.el is
version 1.34. Is this the latest?

Thanks,

Ed

* Re: w32-print.el and w32-integ.el
@ 2008-04-08  8:47 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.10136.1207644523.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-04-08  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: B. T. Raven; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 08.04.2008 um 04:41 schrieb B. T. Raven:
> I have dial-up and don't want to download the whole EmacsW32
> package. Are recent stand-alone versions of these elisp files
> available anywhere?

Is there no way to receive updates as diffs via CVS or SVN and then
re-compile the whole package?

> It looks like my htmlize.el is version 1.34. Is this the latest?

Yes, this seems to be the latest version (although the files do not
contain an internal record).

--
Greetings

   Pete

"No man was ever taken to hell by a woman unless he already had a
ticket in his pocket, or at least had been fooling around with
timetables."
				– Archie Goodwin

@ 2008-04-08 16:47   ` B. T. Raven
       [not found]     ` <mailman.10168.1207685372.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: B. T. Raven @ 2008-04-08 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 08.04.2008 um 04:41 schrieb B. T. Raven:
>> I have dial-up and don't want to download the whole EmacsW32 package.
>> Are recent stand-alone versions of these elisp files available anywhere?
>
> Is there no way to receive updates as diffs via CVS or SVN and then
> re-compile the whole package?

Thanks, Pete. I am not illiterate or innumerate but I am incomputant. I
have never been able to get a cvs package running on w32 but I did build
an emacs from source on Fedora. On w2000 I need .exe binaries. The files
I need from Lennart's package are only .el's so all I need is a url
where I can find them already unpackaged.

>> It looks like my htmlize.el is version 1.34. Is this the latest?
>

> Yes, this seems to be the latest version (although the files do not
> contain an internal record).

There is a comment in the version of the source I found.

@ 2008-04-08 20:09     ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
       [not found]     ` <mailman.10168.1207685372.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-04-08 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

B. T. Raven wrote:
> Peter Dyballa wrote:
>>
>> Am 08.04.2008 um 04:41 schrieb B. T. Raven:
>>> I have dial-up and don't want to download the whole EmacsW32 package.
>>> Are recent stand-alone versions of these elisp files available anywhere?
>>
>> Is there no way to receive updates as diffs via CVS or SVN and then
>> re-compile the whole package?
>
> Thanks, Pete. I am not illiterate or innumerate but I am incomputant. I
> have never been able to get a cvs package running on w32 but I did build
> an emacs from source on Fedora. On w2000 I need .exe binaries. The files
> I need from Lennart's package are only .el's so all I need is a url
> where I can find them already unpackaged.

I have decided not to put up single files because I do not have time to
do so and I do not have time to take care of the trouble that would
result from mixing different versions.

Doing it that way I can without trouble for example replace htmlize.el
with htmlfontify.el which can do a bit more and which I also hope is
making its way into Emacs soon.

It has also been quite difficult for me to try to understand how to
write mumamo.el and get it to work with different libraries. That would
have been much more difficult if I did not have a base of working elisp
libraries that should work for most users.

But I can understand your trouble, Ed. Maybe there is a simple solution
though. Maybe downloading nXhtml instead would be an option for you.
This is just 1.5 MB and contains htmlfontify.el and hfyview.el which are
  used for Quick print menu entries. You have to do a little bit elisp
setup yourself though to remove some things from the old EmacsW32 you have.

Will this help you?

@ 2008-04-09 16:05       ` B. T. Raven
       [not found]         ` <mailman.10207.1207763396.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: B. T. Raven @ 2008-04-09 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
> B. T. Raven wrote:
>> Peter Dyballa wrote:

>>> Is there no way to receive updates as diffs via CVS or SVN and then
>>> re-compile the whole package?
>>
>> Thanks, Pete. I am not illiterate or innumerate but I am incomputant.
>> I have never been able to get a cvs package running on w32 but I did
>> build an emacs from source on Fedora. On w2000 I need .exe binaries.
>> The files I need from Lennart's package are only .el's so all I need
>> is a url where I can find them already unpackaged.
>

> I have decided not to put up single files because I do not have time to
> do so and I do not have time to take care of the trouble that would
> result from mixing different versions.
>
> Doing it that way I can without trouble for example replace htmlize.el
> with htmlfontify.el which can do a bit more and which I also hope is
> making its way into Emacs soon.
>
> It has also been quite difficult for me to try to understand how to
> write mumamo.el and get it to work with different libraries. That would
> have been much more difficult if I did not have a base of working elisp
> libraries that should work for most users.
>
> But I can understand your trouble, Ed. Maybe there is a simple solution
> though. Maybe downloading nXhtml instead would be an option for you.
> This is just 1.5 MB and contains htmlfontify.el and hfyview.el which are
>  used for Quick print menu entries. You have to do a little bit elisp
> setup yourself though to remove some things from the old EmacsW32 you have.
>
> Will this help you?

I think so, but most of it is over my head. I did install Emacsw32 once
to try it out but I am not using it now. I want to keep my w32
installation as close as possible to my G/L one but I need printing on
w32. My understanding is that I need only htmlfontify.el, hfyview.el,
and easymenu.elc in order to print a buffer sent to Firefox. Is that right?

Thanks, Lennart

* Re: w32-print.el and w32-integ.el
@ 2008-04-09 17:49         ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
       [not found]         ` <mailman.10207.1207763396.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-04-09 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

B. T. Raven wrote:
> I think so, but most of it is over my head. I did install Emacsw32 once
> to try it out but I am not using it now. I want to keep my w32
> installation as close as possible to my G/L one but I need printing on
> w32. My understanding is that I need only htmlfontify.el, hfyview.el,
> and easymenu.elc in order to print a buffer sent to Firefox. Is that right?

Yes, but easymenu.el is part of Emacs.

See the beginning of hfyview.el for how to set things up. Beside loading
the files you will probably just want to customize

   hfyview-quick-print-in-files-menu

to t. This will add an entry "Quick Print (Using Web Browser)" to the
files menu.

@ 2008-04-10  3:21           ` B. T. Raven
From: B. T. Raven @ 2008-04-10  3:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
> B. T. Raven wrote:
>> I think so, but most of it is over my head. I did install Emacsw32
>> once to try it out but I am not using it now. I want to keep my w32
>> installation as close as possible to my G/L one but I need printing on
>> w32. My understanding is that I need only htmlfontify.el, hfyview.el,
>> and easymenu.elc in order to print a buffer sent to Firefox. Is that
>> right?
>

> Yes, but easymenu.el is part of Emacs.
>
> See the beginning of hfyview.el for how to set things up. Beside loading
> the files you will probably just want to customize
>
>   hfyview-quick-print-in-files-menu
>
> to t. This will add an entry "Quick Print (Using Web Browser)" to the
> files menu.

Yes, that worked fine. Apparently the Quick Print is is inserted into
the Menu by default since I didn't need to customize it. The only thing
that bothers me is the app key assignment. Will this (from hfyview.el
near the end of the file):

  (define-key (symbol-value map) [(apps)] nil))

interfere with this in my .emacs :

(setq w32-pass-lwindow-to-system nil
       w32-pass-rwindow-to-system nil
       w32-pass-apps-to-system    nil
       w32-lwindow-modifier       'super   ;; Left Windows
       w32-rwindow-modifier       'super   ;; Right Windows
       w32-apps-modifier          'hyper)  ;; App-Menu

Thanks again Lennart,

@ 2008-04-10  8:06             ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-04-10  8:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: help-gnu-emacs

B. T. Raven wrote:
> Yes, that worked fine. Apparently the Quick Print is is inserted into
> the Menu by default since I didn't need to customize it. The only thing
> that bothers me is the app key assignment. Will this (from hfyview.el
> near the end of the file):
>
>  (define-key (symbol-value map) [(apps)] nil))
>
> interfere with this in my .emacs :
>
> (setq w32-pass-lwindow-to-system nil
>       w32-pass-rwindow-to-system nil
>       w32-pass-apps-to-system    nil
>       w32-lwindow-modifier       'super   ;; Left Windows
>       w32-rwindow-modifier       'super   ;; Right Windows
>       w32-apps-modifier          'hyper)  ;; App-Menu

Yes, but only if you turn on hfy-view-mode, which is up to you.