Hi Mike, I was trying to do something very simple. I saw Mathias Dahl's post on EmacsWiki about google's chart api http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/GooglePieChart and thought that I could make something useful out of it. I have attached my late night work on this. I believe the very simple parse does not have the quality you would expect, but I hope you rather easily can see what I am trying to do. To test: - evaluate chart.el - open temp1.mx-chart There are two commands available in the chart data buffer: C-c C-c and M-Tab. Does your parser compiler create a parser? Could that be used like above? Best wishes, L Mike Mattie wrote: > I am writing that sort of Parser Compiler in elisp. It's not production ready, > but it does have a tracing facility for inspecting run-time parser matching. > > It was originally conceived for building data structures out of reports > from command line tools and generalized later as a full Parser Compiler > so it should fit the bill. > > http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs-en/ParserCompiler > > mail me if you are interested and I will keep you posted. Could I get a data > sample as a test-set ? I would like to expand my testing beyond my own cases.