all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Do you know conkeror - emacs like webbrowser
@ 2008-03-23 10:34 Christian Herenz
From: Christian Herenz @ 2008-03-23 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

Have you heard about [conkeror][1]. I think this is an app, which most
of the people here are desperately looking for.
In short, it is a gecko based browser which reasembles the emacs like
way of using it. This is not perfect at the moment, but it is better
than everthing else out there.

Greets,
Christian

[1]: http://conkeror.mozdev.org/

* Re: Do you know conkeror - emacs like webbrowser
@ 2008-03-23 13:34 ` Rasmus Pank Roulund
From: Rasmus Pank Roulund @ 2008-03-23 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> [1]: http://conkeror.mozdev.org/
It is great :) although I do miss CUA mode.
Thanks for sharing.
-Rasmus

* Re: Do you know conkeror - emacs like webbrowser
@ 2008-03-23 13:47   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-03-23 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus Pank Roulund; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Why did they change from making it a Firefox plugin? It looks like much
more trouble changing browser.

@ 2008-03-25  1:00     ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2008-03-25  1:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: help-gnu-emacs, rasmus.pank

   Why did they change from making it a Firefox plugin? It looks like much
   more trouble changing browser.

It is more or less a plugin (I feel that a chrome is like a plugin).

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org

* Re: Do you know conkeror - emacs like webbrowser
@ 2008-03-25 14:58 ` rustom
From: rustom @ 2008-03-25 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Mar 23, 3:34 pm, Christian Herenz <her...@physik.hu-berlin.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Have you heard about [conkeror][1]. I think this is an app, which most
> of the people here are desperately looking for.....

Thanks Christian for this.  This is indeed what I would very much like
to use (emacs keybindings with a ff display)
So downloaded it and tried to use it but no luck (yet).  So I joined
the conkeror list and asked my questions.
[Details somewhat OT for this list so not posting here]
http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/conkeror/2008-March/000606.html
http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/conkeror/2008-March/000605.html

Thanks again

Rustom

* Re: Do you know conkeror - emacs like webbrowser
@ 2008-03-29 14:26   ` Christian Herenz
From: Christian Herenz @ 2008-03-29 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

rustom schrieb:

> [Details somewhat OT for this list so not posting here]
> http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/conkeror/2008-March/000606.html
> http://www.mozdev.org/pipermail/conkeror/2008-March/000605.html

Since I am not a member of this list I'll post my advice here (there is
also a newsgroup gmane.comp.mozilla.conkeror, is that list mirrored there??)

You need the newest version of Xulrunner, that did the trick here...

Greets,
Christian