all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* compilation window
@ 2008-03-10 11:26 Alain Muls
From: Alain Muls @ 2008-03-10 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs list

Hi

I am using ECB for project development.
When I compile I would like the compilation window to scroll on output
so that I can observe the latest messages in this (small) window. How
can you do that?

Tx

[-- Attachment #2: alain_muls.vcf --]

begin:vcard
fn:Alain Muls
n:Muls;Alain
org:RMA;CISS
adr:;;Renaissance Avenue 30;Brussems;;1000;Belgium
email;internet:alain.muls@telenet.be
title:Prof
tel;work:+32.2.7376340
tel;cell:+32.477.675091
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
end:vcard

* Re: compilation window
@ 2008-03-10 12:06 ` Peter Dyballa
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2008-03-10 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain Muls; +Cc: emacs list

Am 10.03.2008 um 12:26 schrieb Alain Muls:

> When I compile I would like the compilation window to scroll on
> output so that I can observe the latest messages in this (small)
> window. How can you do that?

Position the text cursor at the buffer's end. Once is sufficient.

--
Greetings

   Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
				– Garfield

* Re: compilation window
@ 2008-03-10 15:05 ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2008-03-10 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain Muls; +Cc: emacs list

Alain Muls <alain.muls@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am using ECB for project development.
> When I compile I would like the compilation window to scroll on output
> so that I can observe the latest messages in this (small) window. How
> can you do that?

Is there a compilation window FAQ?  I hear this asked all the time!

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
Biostatistician

The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
properly dispose of this information.

* Re: compilation window
@ 2008-03-10 15:35   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-03-10 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joel J. Adamson; +Cc: emacs list, Alain Muls

Joel J. Adamson wrote:
> Alain Muls <alain.muls@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am using ECB for project development.
>> When I compile I would like the compilation window to scroll on output
>> so that I can observe the latest messages in this (small) window. How
>> can you do that?
>
> Is there a compilation window FAQ?  I hear this asked all the time!

Maybe you could start a FAQ on Emacs wiki?

* Re: compilation window
@ 2008-03-10 17:20     ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2008-03-10 17:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: emacs list, Alain Muls

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> Joel J. Adamson wrote:
>> Alain Muls <alain.muls@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am using ECB for project development.
>>> When I compile I would like the compilation window to scroll on output
>>> so that I can observe the latest messages in this (small) window. How
>>> can you do that?
>>
>> Is there a compilation window FAQ?  I hear this asked all the time!
>

> Maybe you could start a FAQ on Emacs wiki?

Good idea, dude.

Joel

--

@ 2008-03-10 17:25     ` Joel J. Adamson
From: Joel J. Adamson @ 2008-03-10 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: emacs list, Alain Muls

"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

> Joel J. Adamson wrote:
>> Alain Muls <alain.muls@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I am using ECB for project development.
>>> When I compile I would like the compilation window to scroll on output
>>> so that I can observe the latest messages in this (small) window. How
>>> can you do that?
>>
>> Is there a compilation window FAQ?  I hear this asked all the time!
>

> Maybe you could start a FAQ on Emacs wiki?

This page pretty-much already is:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CompilationMode

Joel

--

@ 2008-03-10 22:19 ` JK
From: JK @ 2008-03-10 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alain Muls; +Cc: emacs list

 If you set the variable `compilation-scroll-output' to a non-`nil'
value, then the compilation buffer always scrolls to follow output as
it comes in.

JK