all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* LaTeX: prevent auto-fill to break up equations
@ 2008-01-18 16:00 Jonas
From: Jonas @ 2008-01-18 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

for formulae in the text I use $formula$. The formulae can be very
long but I don't want to have them on two seperate lines. How can I
prevent emacs to break the line if I am in th $$-"environment".

The best would be the following:

"Blablablabla $long_formula$"
is transformed into
"Blablablabla
$long_formula$"

Any idea?

Cheers
  Jonas

* Re: LaTeX: prevent auto-fill to break up equations
@ 2008-01-18 18:23 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2008-01-18 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Jonas (2008-01-18) writes:

> for formulae in the text I use $formula$. The formulae can be very
> long but I don't want to have them on two seperate lines. How can I
> prevent emacs to break the line if I am in th $$-"environment".
>
> The best would be the following:
>
> "Blablablabla $long_formula$"
> is transformed into
> "Blablablabla
> $long_formula$"

If you use AUCTeX and \(...\) instead of $...$, you can customize
`LaTeX-fill-break-at-separators' to do this for you.

--
Ralf