all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Web development using Emacs
@ 2008-01-03 21:01 Corey Foote
From: Corey Foote @ 2008-01-03 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi Everybody,

I'm working on a web development project using Emacs. I have single files which contain HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and ASP or PHP code. Is there anyway to get Emacs highlight the syntax in each section of code properly without the need to switch back and forth between modes by hand?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Corey Foote

* Re: Web development using Emacs
       [not found] <mailman.5674.1199394076.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2008-01-04  9:11 ` 9ido
From: 9ido @ 2008-01-04  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

MMM mode

@ 2008-01-05 18:32   ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2008-01-05 18:32 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: 9ido; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

nXhtml has support for those things you mention in the latest beta
(except for ASP support which I have not uploaded yet):

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/elisp/nxhtml/beta/
   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/NxhtmlMode

BTW, I wonder a bit about mmm-mode. I asked on Emacs wiki if it is still
working, but I have got no answer. (mmm-mode can not work with
nxml-mode/nxhtml-mode, but that is known I guess.)

So I downloaded and tested. It worked with the reciepe on

   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PhpMode

but the parts belonging to php / html-mode does not change when I edit
the buffer. Is that how it should work, or?