all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* nxhtml-mode shorcuts keys
@ 2007-11-27 18:59 ygneo01
From: ygneo01 @ 2007-11-27 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi everybody!

I'm a spanish emacs beginner, and I would like to know where I can
find documentation about nxhtml-mode shorcuts keys I have been
googling a lot an I don't find nothing

Thanks!

* Re: nxhtml-mode shorcuts keys
@ 2007-11-28 21:43 ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-11-28 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ygneo01; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

ygneo01@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm a spanish emacs beginner, and I would like to know where I can
> find documentation about nxhtml-mode shorcuts keys I have been
> googling a lot an I don't find nothing
>
> Thanks!

Hi spanish emacs beginner,

It is a good question. I have probably overlooked the difficulties for a
beginner finding the shortcut keys (or key bindings as they are called
in Emacs).

What you can do is to use `describe-bindings'. This is normally bound to

   f1 b

and

   C-h b

This displays a long list of key bindings with those with the highest
priority first. The major mode is found after all minor modes. Search
for "major mode" (unfortunately this list currently does not say the
name of the major mode).

Some of the more important bindings are also found in the nXhtml menu,
but I guess you might have noticed that already.

I have just rewritten the documentation for nXhtml a bit and as I just
saw your message during that I added the key bindings to the description
of nxhtml-mode. You may want to test the beta that is here:

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/DL/elisp/nxhtml/beta/

There are quite a few corrections and additions from the last released
version (1.03), see

   http://ourcomments.org/Emacs/nXhtml/doc/nxhtml-changes.html

If you got nXhtml with EmacsW32 I believe you have version 1.0 (but I am
not sure at the moment).