all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Frame in a window ?
@ 2007-10-16 21:27 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2007-10-16 21:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> My question is this : Is it possible to have a frame in a window so that I
> have both the speedbar and the file that I editing visible ?  Alternately,
> is it possible to run speedbar in a window instead of a frame ?

No.  It would require substantial changes in the basic design philospohy
of speedbar.

[parent not found: <mailman.2085.1192463321.18990.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* Frame in a window ?
@ 2007-10-15 15:48 Ganesh
From: Ganesh @ 2007-10-15 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

I am an emacs novice and have been using it for the past 2-3 months.  I
usually use it in text-only terminal mode.  I recently installed speedbar
and started using it.  From what I read about speedbar, it runs is a
separate frame.  From speedbar's website : "When used in terminal mode, the
new frame appears the same size as the terminal."

My question is this : Is it possible to have a frame in a window so that I
have both the speedbar and the file that I editing visible ?  Alternately,
is it possible to run speedbar in a window instead of a frame ?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Ganesh