all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs new user.
@ 2007-09-24 16:46 Moofar
From: Moofar @ 2007-09-24 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Help-gnu-emacs

I'm a junior in college and a CS major, and after having tried a couple
different editors/ide's before, I decided it was time to get good with a
good text editor and stick with it. So I've been learning emacs. I have
found many things in emacs I like, yet I have gotten stuck so many times
trying to learn something and spent so long getting unstuck, that I'm
thinking its just not worth it. Any thoughts?
Here's a simple question that has frustrated me and I think may be the straw
that breaks the camels back, where can I see a list of all the minor and
major modes I have and the commands to enable them?