all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ECB, JDEE status?
@ 2007-09-14  8:32 Gordon Beaton
From: Gordon Beaton @ 2007-09-14  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I thought I'd try out ECB, but the most recent version (2.32) is from
2005 and has dependencies on a older version of speedbar than the one
packaged with my emacs (22.1), as well as old versions of semantic and
eieio.

Has ECB been superceded by another package?

Does anyone know the status of JDEE? I can't reach jdee.sunsite.dk
anymore.

/gordon

* Re: ECB, JDEE status?
@ 2007-09-14 19:22 ` metaperl.com
From: metaperl.com @ 2007-09-14 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Sep 14, 4:32 am, Gordon Beaton <n....@for.email> wrote:
> I thought I'd try out ECB, but the most recent version (2.32) is from
> 2005

people in #emacs on irc.freenode.net are using the CVS version of ecb

the latest versions are at cedet.sf.net

> Has ECB been superceded by another package?

not to my knowledge

> Does anyone know the status of JDEE? I can't reach jdee.sunsite.dk
> anymore.

well, last I heard it can't parse generics, so for anything involving
that, you would be better off looking elsewhere.

> /gordon
>
> --

- terrence!

* Re: ECB, JDEE status?
@ 2007-09-14 20:51   ` Gordon Beaton
From: Gordon Beaton @ 2007-09-14 20:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:22:16 -0700, metaperl.com wrote:
> the CVS version of ecb

Ah, should have thought of that myself!

>> [semantic, eieio]

> the latest versions are at cedet.sf.net

I already had the latest versions of those packages. The problem was
that ECB 2.32 wanted *old* versions of everything, but I see now that
the CVS version has more modern dependencies.

>> [jdee.sunsite.dk]

> well, last I heard it can't parse generics, so for anything
> involving that, you would be better off looking elsewhere.

Don't need generics for my current project, but unfortunately that
doesn't fix the website...

Thanks!

/gordon

* Re: ECB, JDEE status?
@ 2007-09-17  9:21     ` lu
From: lu @ 2007-09-17  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gordon Beaton; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Gordon Beaton wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 12:22:16 -0700, metaperl.com wrote:
>
>> the CVS version of ecb
>>

> Ah, should have thought of that myself!
>

>>> [semantic, eieio]
>>>

>> the latest versions are at cedet.sf.net
>>

> I already had the latest versions of those packages. The problem was
> that ECB 2.32 wanted *old* versions of everything, but I see now that
> the CVS version has more modern dependencies.
>

>>> [jdee.sunsite.dk]
>>>

>> well, last I heard it can't parse generics, so for anything
>> involving that, you would be better off looking elsewhere.
>>

> Don't need generics for my current project, but unfortunately that
> doesn't fix the website...
>
> Thanks!
>
> /gordon

JDEE For emacs,
And jikes
Both Are great tools,But It seems that the devlopment is stoped.
How disappointing......