Stephen Berman skrev: > I forgot that I am using the gtk-qt engine, which "allows GTK > applications to use Qt widget styles", including tool bar icons. The > icons I see are actually KDE icons from > /opt/kde3/share/icons/crystalsvg/32x32/actions. I assume gtk-qt maps > the Gnome stock icons to corresponding KDE icons of the selected > theme. I couldn't find an icon in the crystal theme corresponding to > system-file-manager, but it may just be that gtk-qt does not handle > named Gnome icons. > Try the attached program. Compile like this: % gcc -o icon-view icon-view.c `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags --libs` If run without arguments, it lists the named icons Gtk+ knows about. The list may be long, I have 2309 names. If you give it names as arguments, it displays a tool bar with those icons. If it just list stock-* names, then the gtk-qt engine only deals with stock icons. Jan D.