Eli Zaretskii wrote: >> Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 16:11:32 -0300 >> From: Vinicius Jose Latorre >> >> >> I'm using GNU Linux Debian. >> >> I've just downloaded Emacs CVS trunk and have done the following steps: >> >> make maintainer-clean >> configure >> make >> make install >> >> emacs -Q >> >> C-x C-f RET >> >> Now, click in 'File' and move horizontally the mouse to the other >> options (i.e., Edit, Options, Buffers, etc.) >> >> The text beneath menus disappear. >> > > I cannot reproduce this. What toolkit did you use for building Emacs? > Well, the exact steps I've used are: $ make maintainer-clean $ ./configure --prefix=/home/download/emacs &> .CONFIG $ make bootstrap &> .OUTPUT $ tail .OUTPUT $ make install From .CONFIG: Configured for `i686-pc-linux-gnu'. Where should the build process find the source code? /home/vinicius/work/emacs What operating system and machine description files should Emacs use? `s/gnu-linux.h' and `m/intel386.h' What compiler should emacs be built with? gcc -g -O2 -Wno-pointer-sign Should Emacs use the GNU version of malloc? yes (Using Doug Lea's new malloc from the GNU C Library.) Should Emacs use a relocating allocator for buffers? yes Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation? no What window system should Emacs use? x11 What toolkit should Emacs use? GTK Where do we find X Windows header files? Standard dirs Where do we find X Windows libraries? Standard dirs Does Emacs use -lXaw3d? no Does Emacs use -lXpm? yes Does Emacs use -ljpeg? yes Does Emacs use -ltiff? yes Does Emacs use a gif library? yes -lgif Does Emacs use -lpng? yes Does Emacs use -lrsvg-2? yes Does Emacs use -lgpm? yes Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars? yes Also the .CONFIG file is attached in this email. Vinicius