all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Is there any way to activate menubar by keyboard
@ 2007-07-16 12:07 lu
From: lu @ 2007-07-16 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I'd like to active menu by keyboard in emacs,
(like press alt-f to popup file menu)
Is there any way?

* Re: Is there any way to activate menubar by keyboard
       [not found] <mailman.3516.1184587690.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
@ 2007-07-16 12:38 ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2007-07-16 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"lu@luxdo.jp" <lu@luxdo.jp> writes:

> I'd like to active menu by keyboard in emacs,
> (like press alt-f to popup file menu)
> Is there any way?

Try F10 or M-`.

@ 2007-07-16 12:40 ` poppyer
From: poppyer @ 2007-07-16 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

the default binding is <f10>, have a try

poppyer

@ 2007-07-16 12:46 ` Jason Rumney
From: Jason Rumney @ 2007-07-16 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 16 Jul, 13:07, "l...@luxdo.jp" <l...@luxdo.jp> wrote:
> I'd like to active menu by keyboard in emacs,
> (like press alt-f to popup file menu)
> Is there any way?

Press F10. In Emacs 22.1, it activates the menubar in toolkits that
support it. In other cases, it triggers tmm-menubar.

* Re: Is there any way to activate menubar by keyboard
@ 2007-07-16 13:02   ` lu
       [not found]   ` <mailman.3518.1184590995.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: lu @ 2007-07-16 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jensen, help-gnu-emacs

Daniel Jensen Wrote:
> "lu@luxdo.jp" <lu@luxdo.jp> writes:
>

>> I'd like to active menu by keyboard in emacs,
>> (like press alt-f to popup file menu)
>> Is there any way?
>>

> Try F10 or M-`.

Hi Daniel,
Thank you very much.
But I'd like to popup the gui menu,not tmm-menubar.
Is it possible?

* RE: Is there any way to activate menubar by keyboard
@ 2007-07-16 13:11   ` Drew Adams
       [not found]   ` <mailman.3518.1184590995.32220.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Drew Adams @ 2007-07-16 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Try also icicles-menu.el: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/IciclesMenu.

@ 2007-07-16 13:29     ` Daniel Jensen
From: Daniel Jensen @ 2007-07-16 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

"lu@luxdo.jp" <lu@luxdo.jp> writes:

[You don't have to mail me copies, I read the newsgroup.]

> Daniel Jensen Wrote:
>
>     Try F10 or M-`.
>
> Hi Daniel,
> Thank you very much.
> But I'd like to popup the gui menu,not tmm-menubar.
> Is it possible?

Yes, F10 was changed to do this in Emacs 22.

* Re: Is there any way to activate menubar by keyboard
@ 2007-07-16 13:57       ` lu
From: lu @ 2007-07-16 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jensen; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs