Stefan Monnier wrote: >>Attached is the latest version of the new vera-mode.el for review and >>addition to the Emacs distribution. > > > - What's end-comment-column? Sounds like comment-fill-column. This is a remnant from vhdl-mode, but it's not used in vera-mode. I've removed it. > - It seems the language allows both //...\n and /*...*/ for comments, but the > comment-start-skip does not reflect that. And it should also define the > corresponding comment-end-skip. Fixed (even though I haven't found comment-end-skip in any of the existing modes). > - Also it should not (require 'font-lock) and neither should it call > (turn-on-font-lock). People often asked why fontification is not on by default, so I just explicitely turned it on here. Is it on in the latest Emacs release? Seems odd if not. I made above changes. > - The call to easy-menu-define should be at toplevel rather than inside > vera-mode. And then the call to easy-menu-add should refer to > vera-mode-menu rather than vera-mode-menu-list (which could be inlined > into the call to easy-menu-define and then removed). Done. > - The calls to modify-syntax-entry should not be at toplevel and neither > should the (setq vera-mode-syntax-table (make-syntax-table)). Best is to > move it all inside the "defvar vera-mode-syntax-table" in the usual form > (defvar vera-mode-syntax-table (let ((st (make-syntax-table))) ... st)). Done. Reto