David Kastrup wrote: > Károly Lőrentey writes: >> I don't believe it represents a regression in its current form. As >> we know, Windows support is broken, but thankfully people are >> working on that now. > > Uh what? In its current form, Windows support is broken but it does > not represent a regression? We must have different definitions of > "regression" then. Clearly, I meant that it does not represent a regression for UN*X users. That's why there was a second sentence after the first. I wasn't arguing for putting anything on the trunk *now*. I was simply asking for consideration of my time when changes are made to emacsclient on the trunk. My Emacs-related work load has suddenly increased, and topping it with extra merging work is really not welcome. Is that an unreasonable viewpoint? > Actually, at the moment emacsclient does not > compile which _is_ a regression. And such regressions will > _certainly_ occur until we get this to compile on all platforms. Yes, the current problem is simply a side-effect of the much needed porting effort. This phase will pass soon. > It is quite too early to predict how things will progress. My > impression is that the multi-tty branch is on a good track (and it > quite helps that you are not trying to block contributions and > criticism). That's not enough to put forward a plan, but it's a good > sign. OK. -- Karoly