all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* (etags) Is this expected behavior?
@ 2007-04-26  8:28 Luca Saiu
From: Luca Saiu @ 2007-04-26  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Re: (etags) Is this expected behavior?
@ 2007-04-26  8:58 ` Lennart Borgman (gmail)
From: Lennart Borgman (gmail) @ 2007-04-26  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Saiu; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Luca Saiu wrote:

> Hello.
> After compiling and installing the pretest, included Emacs Lisp source
> files, of which some are installed *gzipped* by the `install' Makefile
> target, I just regenerated the TAGS file with
>
> etags `find -name \*.el` `find -name \*.el.gz`
>
> from the appropriate directory.
>
> When looking for a symbol with M-. Emacs fails to find the source file
> because it tries to open a non-existing *uncompressed* version.
> Try with goto-line, for example.
>
> Now, I hadn't noticed whether this also happened previously, but this is
> definitely not the behavior one would expect. Should I report it as a bug?
> I wrote here first to avoid bothering the emacs-devel people with noise,
> just in case.

Are you using Emacs 22 beta? If not and you want to report this, then
please try the beta and follow the instructions there for sending bug
reports.

* Re: (etags) Is this expected behavior?
@ 2007-04-26  9:02 ` Luca Saiu
From: Luca Saiu @ 2007-04-26  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Re: (etags) Is this expected behavior?
@ 2007-04-26  9:29   ` Luca Saiu
From: Luca Saiu @ 2007-04-26  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lennart Borgman (gmail); +Cc: help-gnu-emacs