A number of Tree-sitter parsers include a Makefile that will install, e.g., /usr/lib/libtree-sitter-json.so.0.0. However, I notice that Emacs 29.0.90 will find it only if there exists a symlink /usr/lib/libtree-sitter-json.so. Is this desirable? The background to this question is that I’m thinking about packaging Tree-sitter parsers as RPMs for Fedora (https://pagure.io/tree-sitter-json/blob/rawhide/f/tree-sitter-json.spec). Typical Fedora practice (https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/packaging-guidelines/#_devel_packages) is to assume that the unversioned symlink isn’t required for regular use, and to place it in a …-devel subpackage that wouldn’t usually be installed. -- Peter Oliver