all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: spell checking on MS Windows: myspell?
@ 2007-04-25  6:52 martin rudalics
From: martin rudalics @ 2007-04-25  6:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tury.peter; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

 > Another relted question: can myspell be used with Emacs smoothly? I
 > saw a project what made myspell and dictionaries especially good for
 > my language (Hungarian), so maybe I will need myspell. As far as I
 > know myspell is part of OpenOfficeXXX so hopefully it is not too hard
 > to get myspell precompiled binaries. What about an Emacs interface? I
 > couldn't found myspell.el. Will ispell.el work with it?

AFAICT only Ispell and Aspell currently provide the pipe mode used by
Emacs.  Maybe Aspell can work with myspell's dictionaries though.

[parent not found: <mailman.2494.1177484263.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>]
* spell checking on MS Windows: myspell?
@ 2007-04-24 12:18 Peter Tury
From: Peter Tury @ 2007-04-24 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi,

how do you spell check on MS Windows? I googled a bit (also this
newsgroup) but didn't find an obvious solution. It seems for me I
would need a spell checker .exe (ispell.exe?) and an emacs interface
(ispell.el?) for it. The latter is part of my GNU Emacs v22. How to
get the first one?