all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* move cursor/pointer  to menu bar item
@ 2007-02-12 18:01 Wilmar Igl
From: Wilmar Igl @ 2007-02-12 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hallo,

what's the key-binding/ command to move the cursor/pointer from within a
buffer to the menu bar (item) to select, e.g., a "File" or "Edit"
command. At the moment I can just help myself by clicking with the mouse
on the menu item. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Will

PS: Under windows this is usually done by typing ALT-<Initial>.

* Re: move cursor/pointer  to menu bar item
@ 2007-02-12 18:05 ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2007-02-12 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

,----[ (info "(emacs)Menu Bar") ]
`----

--
Ralf

* Re: move cursor/pointer to menu bar item
@ 2007-02-13  1:35   ` weber
From: weber @ 2007-02-13  1:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On 12 fev, 15:05, Ralf Angeli <dev.n...@caeruleus.net> wrote:
> * Wilmar Igl (2007-02-12) writes:
>
> > what's the key-binding/ command to move the cursor/pointer from within a
> > buffer to the menu bar (item) to select, e.g., a "File" or "Edit"
> > command. At the moment I can just help myself by clicking with the mouse
> > on the menu item. Any ideas?
>
> ,----[ (info "(emacs)Menu Bar") ]
> |    You can also invoke the first menu bar item by pressing <F10> (to run
> | the command `menu-bar-open').  You can then navigate the menus with the
> | arrow keys.  You select an item by pressing <RET> and cancel menu
> | navigation with <ESC>.
> `----
>
> --
> Ralf

The idea is to execute the same command you have on the menu with a
key combination. I'd recommend you to use it as a reference... so if
you want to save a file, you can see the keybinding there: Control x
Control s. So try not to click it, instead use the "shortcut".
Cheers,
weber