all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* No linebreak when indenting
@ 2007-02-11 17:37 Florian Lindner
From: Florian Lindner @ 2007-02-11 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,
auctex does a nice job when indenting my entire buffer with M-x
LaTeX-fill-buffer but I don't like my lines to broken after like 80
characters. How can I omit that?

Thanks,

Florian

* Re: No linebreak when indenting
@ 2007-02-11 17:41 ` Ralf Angeli
       [not found] ` <mailman.4350.1171217801.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2007-02-11 17:41 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Florian Lindner (2007-02-11) writes:

> auctex does a nice job when indenting my entire buffer with M-x
> LaTeX-fill-buffer but I don't like my lines to broken after like 80
> characters. How can I omit that?

Use a function for indenting, not for filling.  The main feature of
filling _is_ the insertion of line breaks.  So you could use
`indent-region' like `C-x h C-M-\'.

--
Ralf

* Re: No linebreak when indenting
@ 2007-02-11 18:16 ` Peter Dyballa
       [not found] ` <mailman.4350.1171217801.2155.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
From: Peter Dyballa @ 2007-02-11 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: Florian Lindner; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Am 11.02.2007 um 18:37 schrieb Florian Lindner:

> auctex does a nice job when indenting my entire buffer with M-x
> LaTeX-fill-buffer but I don't like my lines to broken after like 80
> characters. How can I omit that?

Setting fill-column to 99999?

--
Greetings

   Pete

’Twas a woman who drove me to drink, and I never had the courtesy
  to thank her for it.         — W.C. Fields

@ 2007-02-11 18:53   ` Ralf Angeli
From: Ralf Angeli @ 2007-02-11 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

* Peter Dyballa (2007-02-11) writes:

> Am 11.02.2007 um 18:37 schrieb Florian Lindner:
>
>> auctex does a nice job when indenting my entire buffer with M-x
>> LaTeX-fill-buffer but I don't like my lines to broken after like 80
>> characters. How can I omit that?
>
> Setting fill-column to 99999?

That's like ordering a steak and then asking the waiter to leave out
the meat.

--
Ralf