Thanks for your effort! Patch works for me, librsvg 2.50 on Archlinux. On Sun, Oct 25, 2020, at 11:01, Alan Third wrote: > Anyway, I've thrown in another attempt at calculating the image size, > and it works for this and also for the previous images. This one is > more complex because it's trying to convert CSS sizes to pixel sizes > and I don't think we can be entirely sure of some of them (like ex > height? Maybe we can query that, but then we have to know font and > font size). > > I have no doubt that there are many more SVG files out there that > won't display properly even with this patch. I checked places where I use SVG files, especially telega, everything I checked looks good to me now. Hope there are not too many corner cases. > librsvg is really not helping here. The documentation makes it pretty > clear that they don't want us to be querying the SVG dimensions and > would prefer us to just give them the dimensions we want and/or to use > Cairo. So could the future of SVG in Emacs lie in Cairo? Forgive me if I am asking a dumb question. > > Affected librsvg version: 2:2.50.1-1 in Archlinux, and 2.44.10-2.1 in Debian. > > I'm concerned that librsvg 2.44 is affected as it should be using the > same code path as before the commit in question. My fault, librsvg 2.44 on Debian is NOT affect by this. (I guess I was having internet issue with my vps running debian. Last time I waited for a few seconds and the image was not showing up. I waited a bit longer this time.) Sheng Yang(杨圣), PhD candidate Computer Science Department University of Maryland, College Park E-mail: styang@fastmail.com E-mail (old but still used): yangsheng6810@gmail.com