james wrote: > On Feb 24, 9:19 pm, Matthew Flaschen > wrote: >> I searched apropos for point, and I can't find a point-end-of-line or >> equivalent. Is there such a function? If not, do you know a way I >> could get the full text of the current line? >> >> Matthew Flaschen > > apropos only searches interactive functions (those that can be called > by M-x) by default... but if you give it a parameter: Yes, I figured that out myself, and just changed it by setting apropos-do-all (non-interactive functions are kind of important when you're coding elisp). > Looks like what you're looking for is point-at-bol and point-at-eol: > > (setq line-string > (buffer-substring (point-at-bol) (point-at-eol))) Thanks, I ended up using the unaliased versions of those (however, that method will copy text properties into the string, which may not be what you want). Matthew Flaschen