Kim F. Storm wrote: > Matthew Flaschen writes: > >> How do I locally override ALL keys, like a wildcard? > > You can specify a default binding (event = t). > > `(t . BINDING)' > This specifies a "default key binding"; any event not bound by > other elements of the keymap is given BINDING as its binding. > Default bindings allow a keymap to bind all possible event types > without having to enumerate all of them. A keymap that has a > default binding completely masks any lower-precedence keymap, > except for events explicitly bound to `nil' (see below). Thanks. On second thought, I'm pretty sure I can't use that for ed-mode (I'll have to do real parsing), but I'll keep it in mind. Matthew Flaschen