Peter Dyballa wrote: > > Am 02.01.2007 um 23:13 schrieb Kim Young: > >> I am trying to figure out how to get emacs to "see" all the alias's >> and functions I have in my .bash_profile file. > > You could try > > . ~/.bash_profile > > in ~/.emacs_bash. Create new *shell* buffer and try ... Wait, how are you generating the shell buffers? If you use M-x shell it will use your regular bash shell. My aliases are in .bashrc and they get loaded by both bash and emacs (with M-x shell). I would try moving your aliases to .bashrc then using M-x shell. Matthew Flaschen